Choosing a butterfly theme for your party can both be refreshing and dramatic. The debutante is similar to the butterfly in the sense that a debutante goes through changes in her life that are similar to the metamorphosis that takes place when a caterpillar changes to a butterfly. The debutante now becomes a woman. She is now all grown up and ready to take on the world. Just like the butterfly, she has grown beautiful wings that will help her reach her dreams. Butterflies are very interesting creatures. Similarly, there are a lot of things you can do to make this theme interesting and memorable.
- Make your invites the shape of a butterfly to give the guests an inkling on what exciting things are in store for your party.
- Infuse excitement into the wording by incorporating a statement such as “I’ve matured and am beginning to set out on my own life’s adventure.”. “I have grown beautiful wings that will help me reach my dreams. Please come and watch me fly!”
3. Garden venues are perfect for butterfly theme because you can play around with the use of butterflies, flowers and other butterfly-inspired materials for your decorations.
4. You can turn an indoor venue into a magical space with the right decorations. Enhance the theme by crafting paper butterflies, attaching them to nylon threads, and suspending them from the ceiling, creating the illusion of real butterflies gracefully fluttering throughout the venue.
5. The butterfly possesses strikingly beautiful splashes of colors on its wings. Similarly a debutante walking down the stage with her elegant gown and natural beauty can be likened to butterfly taking flight. Make flowers and butterflies as your inspiration in picking out the perfect gown. You can also create butterfly wings for you to wear on your grand entrance. To turn it up a notch, have a butterfly release on your grand entrance. It would surely be an awesome sight to behold once you walk on the stage with your spectacular gown and those elegant wings.
6. Souvenirs can be made out of preserved butterfly wings that are laminated. You could also go for the butterfly book marker or crystallized pen holders (look for affiliate marketing here)
7. For other party favors, you can have edibles (candies, gummy bears, chocolates, etc) wrapped in japanese paper made to look like a butterfly’s wings.
8. You can also have soaps, candles, lotions, perfume (cologne) that have a sweet scent which I’m sure butterflies love.
9. Another party favor that is very promising is giving away flower seeds. Put in a word like “Please plant these seeds and take care of it.” or something like “Thank you for coming into my life. May you continue to take care of me just like you would with these flower seeds. ”
10. You can also hire a face painter that will paint butterflies, flowers on the faces of your guests so that they can have their pictures taken on a cool butterfly inspired backdrop with their beautiful butterfly face paint. The photobooth (pictures) can serve as your party favor too.
Remember that in order to utilize this theme to its full extent, you should embody the butterfly and everything that it stands for. Life, love and happiness.
Photo credit —-